Friday, September 10, 2010

Latest Etsy Purchases...

Since I've gotten more involved with Etsy, I've been doing more shopping! Obviously, the things I bought aren't up for sale anymore, but you should still check out the amazing shops they came from.

I was checking out a blog I love and saw these beads one day. Well, I'm not sure how I'm going to use them, but I'm determined to do it. I think the vintagey wood texture will look amazing next to something needle-felted and fuzzy.

So, I bought those today. They're from Etsy seller Jewelee who sells beads, yes, but also makes/sells amazing jewelry pieces you'd never expect with beads like this.

And I bought something else today, but that was a gift; I'll have to wait until it's been received to post it...

 A couple days ago, I was putting together the treasury I posted about, and selfishly bought something I found instead of including it! I was searching for "aqua" (the beads are also aqua... my color lately?) and found this gorgeous piece:

It's so Gatsby! Can't you just see Daisy or Jordan wearing this on the hottest day of the year? It came from a treasure trove of a vintage shop called GreenEyesVintage. If you ask me, that is the perfect name for the shop--aren't you already jealous that I snapped up this gem? There are amazing deals here, too. Check out her Under $10 section!

This last item is one I bought a little while ago, but absolutely needs a mention. I bought it for my husband as a congratulations present for starting his PhD in philosophy. Yay, Nathan! It comes from a shop called JamJamTees, where a Canadian husband and wife team designs tees with a truly ingenious sense of humor. Did I mention I love Canada? I do. I grew up in Northern Minnesota, so it's almost the same thing, without affordable health care or Crunchie candy bars. But I digress. The tee--Ready? Get set? Laugh!


Well, that's today's installment of my Etsy shopping addiction. Goodnight, folks!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your purchase and your blog feature of Jeweleee! You are so kind! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne-Marie- I love the blog posts! Also, where did you grow up? I'm from Minnesota-- and born in northern Minnesota. Small world! Anyway, I had a great time the other evening at the opening. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Karissa! I can't believe you're also from MN--my family is from central Minnesota (Albany) and I grew up in Grand Rapids, which is about half-way between Duluth and Fargo/Moorhead. How about you, than? ;)

    ReplyDelete